Medical malpractice lawsuits arise when a person is injured by a healthcare provider’s negligent acts or omissions. Medical malpractice claims can proceed against doctors, nurses, psychiatrists, dentists, chiropractors, podiatrists, hospitals, and other healthcare providers. Argionis & Associates handles a variety of medical malpractice claims, including:
• Missed diagnosis
• Delayed diagnosis
• Anesthesia errors
• Surgical injuries
• Lack of informed consent
• Orthopedic surgical injuries
• Obstetric/labor and delivery surgical injuries
• Improperly prescribed, dispensed, or filled medication
• Improperly prescribed, dispensed, or filled dosages of medication
• Spinal cord stimulator injuries
• Unreasonable conduct of a physician or health care provider
• Patient neglect and nursing home abuse
If you are the victim of medical negligence, you may be entitled to recover damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, disability, and lost wages. In addition, the spouse of a victim of medical negligence may be entitled to recover damages for loss of consortium, including the value of lost services and companionship provided by the injured person.
If you believe that you have been injured by the negligence of a health professional, it is important that you timely consult with an attorney, as the time in which you may bring a claim is limited by statutes of limitations. If you would like to speak with an attorney regarding a potential medical negligence claim, please contact us online or call us at 312-782-4545.