Preventing Brain Injuries Date: Jun 20, 2018
- Wear a helmet and other protective gear when riding a bicycle or motorcycle, and for other sports and recreational activities, such as roller staking, inline skating, skate boarding, horseback riding, or any other activities that may result in head injury.
- Do not drink alcohol or drink in moderation.
- Make sure your house is safe for children and the elderly.
- Wear a safety belt and put infants and children in car seats while in a motor vehicle. If possible make sure your car has an airbag.
- Never leave children unattended at the park or in any other recreational atmosphere.
- When swimming make sure the pool is clear and that the person is diving at the appropriate depth. No horseplay in the pool or pool area and supervise children in and around swimming areas; have a buddy, even for adults.